LACONA X is the tenth conference of the Lasers in the Conservation of Artworks - LACONA. Firstly, held in 1995 (Crete, Greece) and subsequently, in 1997 (Liverpool, UK), 1999 (Florence, Italy), 2001 (Paris, France), 2003 (Osnabruck, Germany), 2005 (Vienna, Austria), 2007 (Madrid, Spain), 2009 (Sibiu, Romania) and 2011 (London, UK).
The biennial LACONA conference gathers together researchers, conservators and conservation scientists, companies, architects, decision-makers and experts in Laser-based techniques for the conservation of cultural heritage to share their latest projects and experiences.
We are very happy to be hosting LACONA in Sharjah (UAE) as this will be a rare opportunity for the introduction of laser-based- technologies for conservation, and we welcome conservators and conservation professionals in the museums, universities and scientific institutes in Arab region. The organizers are expecting a large audience (presenters, observers and accompanying persons) from all over the world, and invited speakers from international museums and research centers will be included.
The conference will be an ideal forum for networking among researchers and communication of new initiatives and projects.
Selected papers from the LACONA X Conference will be published after regular peer-reviewing process in a special volume of Studies in Conservation Journal. In releasing the first call of papers, we welcome contributions from a variety of topics outlined below.
The organization committee look forward to welcoming you to Sharjah and will do its best to make Lacona X a pleasurable and peaceful meeting!.
Hope to see you at Lacona X,
Organizing Committee of LACONA 10
The conference is organized in collaboration with:
- Faculty of Archaeology, Fayoum University (Egypt).
- ICCROM-ATHAR Regional Conservation Centre (Sharjah, UAE) and its partners in Sharjah.
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
- The Arabic Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works.
- The American university of Sharjah.
- Conservation case studies where laser-based methods have been used in some aspect of conservation, cleaning, documentation or analysis.
- Laser-based methods for imaging, 3D documentation and modeling: surveying; measuring; documentation and examination of objects and structures; LIDAR; 3D laser scanning; holography; tomography; interferometry; shearometry; vibrometry; new instrumental and technological developments.
- Laser-based techniques for analysis and monitoring:
Raman spectroscopy; LA-MS; LIBS; laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy and fluorescence lifetime imaging; terahertz spectroscopy; new spectroscopic and imaging techniques.
|1 Nov 2013
|15 Jan 2014
||Deadline for Submission
|15 Feb 2014
||Notification of acceptance
|28 Feb 2014
||Deadline for Submission of revised Abstracts
|15 Mar 2014
||Deadline for reduced registration fee
|1 April 2014
||Announcement of the Final Program
|9 - 13 June 2014
|15 July 2014
||Submission of manuscripts for the conference proceedings
Faculty of Archaeology,
Telefax: +2 0846333178
ICCROM-ATHAR Regional Conservation Centre, Sharjah, UAE
ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property), Rome, Italy
www.iccrom.org/athar-centre POBox: 48777, Sharjah, UAE